Marketing / Sales
Our client is looking for an experienced marketer to join their team to cover a period of maternity. The Marketing Officer is responsible for the regional delivery of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy. The role holder will design and deliver a range of activities which support and enable the regional team, including volunteers, to deliver regional plans. The successful candidate will be responsible for strengthening brand awareness and understanding with target audiences and lead the development, insight and engagement with existing and new audiences.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Co-ordinate and promote regional aspects of national campaigns including PR, advertising, literature, research and events
- Participate in the development of national audience development, marketing and communications plans, ensuring they are fit for purpose for regional delivery
- Own our brand in the region, protecting and developing it and providing guidance to colleagues and volunteers
- Provide the regional press office, liaising with the PR officer, and co-ordinate PR opportunities in the region
- Provide event promotion and deliver audience development events as required
- Help drive our digital profile using our website and other digital channels
- Manage production of marketing and communications materials
- Identify opportunities and develop marketing partnerships that raise our profile, increase visitor numbers and share industry best practice.
- Drive engagement through targeted communications with key stakeholder groups
- Networking and advocacy with relevant groups, organisations and individuals
- Lead on audience research and insight within the region; to analyse, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of marketing activity, working closely with colleagues, in order to inform strategy and plans and embed a culture of evaluation and evidence-based decision-making
- Monitor regional trends in visitor numbers to provide a benchmark and to enable effective planning
- Provide training, support, tools and advice on marketing and audience development for colleagues, volunteers and affiliated local groups.
- Manage the promotion of commercial activities in the region including venue hire, events and retail
- Support membership drives within the region
- Contribute to the development and implementation of commercial projects and products
What you will need:
- Relevant qualification in marketing or equivalent or willingness to obtain
- Experience in heritage, tourism or a related marketing environment
- Experience within a heritage or visitor attraction sector
- Experience of developing partnership projects and delivering marketing campaigns
- Experience of developing and/or delivering audience development strategies
- Effective project management skills
Salary Range: £26k - £30k
Job Sector: Marketing
Employment Term: Contract
Vacancy Status: Vacancy Filled
Bids Assistant (J8678) – Central Bristol – Permanent – up to £18,000 per annum
Our international and leading client, it looking for a talented individual to join their team! Supporting the Bids Manager and the partnership, the role is responsible for assisting the firm in winning, retaining and making profitable business, through the creation of high quality, often complex bids and proposals. This is a pivotal role within the bid team, and the wider teams.
Responsibilities of the role:
- To ensure the firm receives notifications for all relevant opportunities aligned to the business plan, and to record information centrally.
- Discuss with the Bids Manager all opportunities received, storing and distributing retrieved documentation.
- To record all opportunities and maintain the records throughout the process.
- Administer the bid\no bid process to conclusion, to include the arranging of meetings, creation of file numbers, diary management, minute taking.
- Request financial and profitability reports prior to Bid\No Bid meeting where required.
- Record the outcomes of the meetings and communicate as appropriate.
- To create the first template in line with the specification within brand guidelines and populating with approved information where necessary.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to retrieve relevant supporting bid information and utilise to effect.
- To perform research and retrieve news articles on targets\prospects during bids and communicate to the wider team.
- To support the bid presentation team in preparing for their interview, including liaising with the target organisation, diary management, co-ordinating rehearsals, creating presentation materials, conducting research etc.
- Manage all documentation and communication pertaining to each bid in the appropriate areas.
- Prepare weekly bid status reports and monthly statistics on aspects of bid production.
- Responsible for ensuring stored policies, insurance certificates etc are up to date and compliant, liaising with other departments where necessary
- Accountability for the return of approved accurate MI for framework agreements
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent organisational\administrative skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to manage the deadlines
- Experience of working within a professional services environment would be advantageous
- An understanding of the bidding process would be advantageous
- Excellent spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- Ability to confidently communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the business
- Ability to produce high quality drafts in line with specifications
Salary Range: £17k - £20k
Job Sector: Administration
Employment Term: Permanent
Vacancy Status: Vacancy Open